Saturday, May 9, 2009

An incarnation ….he is…



Every time I looked at this man, I would pray to god that he should live for eternity!. I used to not really enjoy his birthdays, as I knew he was growing old every year! Think I asked for too much and which is why God took him away from me a little to early. I couldn't really believe that I could survive with out him in this world.

To the world of Journalism this man was an unassuming veteran journalist, the third senior most in India, to the fascist group he was a terror and a fighter, to the anti nuclear groups he was a great leader, to the business group he was a mystery for the kind of questions he would come up with.. but to me this great man was a very very simple, very very lovable, very encouraging father…

Right from preparing for a press conference, to dropping his daughter to school/ buying sambar podi for his wife, interviewing a chairman of a company, accompanying his brother for a walk to teaching his granddaughter to stand; he would do it with tons of love and loads of passion.. Passion that is just incomparable. Love that is immeasurable..



Appa… To me you are the embodiment of fatherhood.. Your thoughts fill my eyes with tears yet fill my heart with sweet memories. I cannot forget the days when I used to stay awake till 12 to tell you that I lost a pencil in my school J I cannot forget the days when you used to stay awake next to me just to ensure I don feel lonely when I study.. I cannot forget the days when you used to stand outside my school to hear me read the news, I cannot forget the days when you used to wait in the queues of cinema theater to ensure I got the best to tickets to enjoy a movie with my friends, I cannot forget the days when you have followed me in your bike to ensure I was cycling my way thru safely. There is nothing that you have not done for me.. and it is injustice to try and put everything about you in writing.

I remember every day when you would toil hard to ensure we have a comfortable life.
These may sound clichéd but appa you are my best teacher, my best judge, my best critic.. Thanks appa, for showing me the love that is just immeasurable, for giving me the confidence to face life without you, for showing me that life is full of uncertainties, for giving me the strength to digest your absence.


Appa, whatever little I am is because of what you gave me,. Taught me and showed me.. If I become 1 % as successful as you were, then my dream is fulfilled..
All I can say is.. I miss you lots and lots and any day, any time if there is a contest for the world's best dad, to me you the best champ and the only unanimous winnerJ

11 comments:

  1. Thats a good start Charan. Probably I should also do a write up about him some time to add to this. I do have so many good memories of him. Thanks for doing this for the great man but yet simple man.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charanya, really thoughtful of you to have done this. Looking forward to read many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't forget the days when the 3 of us went triples in your father's bike.... his thoughtful speaking when I came home.... His subtle humour.... things i'll never forget.... I'm as incredible about his death today as I was on that fateful June 5th...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every thing that has been said about sai mama is true and i would say that there is nothing more to add about him except one's own memorable experience with him. i was fortunate to live beside him and see him from close quarters.

    With lots of his memories,
    Ravi

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time I'm seeing such a useful blog created... May be I was not so close to Sai Athimber but still I remember the days during my schooling when he used to ask questions and I use to blink without giving him a proper answer... He was such a patient man such that he gives me not only the answer but also some more extra informations... I wonder whether someone can spend so much time for a 10yr old boy inspite of his busy schedule, no one do that, not one... Akka! Am sure that Ur Dad will be giving a SMILE, watching all this from Heaven...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A man of high thoughts and loads and loads of love, affection and care are not the words sufficient to describe Aarjee mama's life. I don't know how many other fathers can bring up their daughters the same way. I don't know if there can be another man who can live like this great man. I sometimes pity myself for not having the opportunity to become a family member when he was around. With whatever little time I have spent with him, I have only been able to realize that his thoughts were high and his meaning of life was different than what we all know. This, I am able to see in his daughter's day to day activities. My only wish is to try and be as good a father as he was to my WIFE...

    Obsessed by his thoughts and actions,

    Anand

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charanya, Truly a nice blog to read and know more about a great person. I only know a little about your Appa but, I heard a lot from gopal and learned about his principled life. I regret, that I never had the opportunity to meet your dad. However, once I got a chance and that was first and last time ever...

    "A salute and tribute to a great man"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charanya, I was not lucky enough to meet your dad, but from whatever I have heard from you and read about him, he seems to be a person who has balanced his professional and personal life exceedingly well. Its a very novel thought for you to have started a blog for your dad. Its indeed a Tribute to your DAD. I am sure you have his blessings and God Bless You !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hai charanya,

    Sai mama had also been my father. I fondly remember him calling me as mandu, teaching me english, holding my hands and taking me to school when I lost my father, getting PV for me and my sister. Those were the montesorri days. Tears roll down spontaneously when you think about his love and affection. great charan. he had been lucky to have a daughter like you. cheers.

    periamma and periappa also read your blog and were extremely happy and proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Charan,

    I always had great respect for your father. You did wonderful & great tribute to your
    dad.

    Raja Anna

    ReplyDelete